Pub Business Loans
Business Finance For UK Pubs
Pubs are a traditional mainstay of life in the UK. Despite changes in social, legislative and economic conditions that have contributed to a decrease in revenue and margins during the past 10 years, the pub industry continues to play a significant role in the UK economy.
There are currently nearly 33,000 pubs across the UK, employing over 338,000 individuals, and there are over 1,100 breweries. But those statistics tell only part of the story. Beer is a major British product and a major tax contributor. Beer and pubs contribute £22 billion to UK’s GDP and generate £11 billion in tax revenue. And the production and sale of beer creates jobs in agriculture, brewing, pubs and the wider supply chain. In total, the beer and pub sector supports over 900,000 jobs. Forty-six percent of those employed in the sector are ages 16-24, and the majority are female, in large part, due to flexible working arrangements.
But despite its many contributions to UK society, the pub industry has been hurt in recent years by several factors:
- The beer duty escalator (2008-2013) that resulted in a 21 per cent reduction in beer consumption; 7,000 pubs closed; and 58,000 jobs lost.
- A ban on smoking in public places
- Increased competition from supermarket discounts and multi-buy offers
- The economic downturn, which decreased disposable income and led consumers to curtail entertainment spending
Yet, many industry watchers see the industry as “in transition” and feel there is reason for optimism. In fact, analysts say that with pub closures slowing, the industry is now streamlined and better able to take control of its future.
Business Loans for Pub SMEs
We’re optimistic about the future of the pub industry as well. That’s why we provide working capital to UK pubs and SMEs, so that they can take advantage of growth opportunities and be well positioned to handle any uncertainties that may lie ahead. Boost Capital not only offers qualified SMEs small business loans from £3,000 up to £500,000, but we also make the entire process as easy as possible for business owners:
- An easy-to-complete, online application
- Minimal paperwork and documentation requirements
- Fast approval and funding, with an answer in 24 to 48 hours
- Favourable repayment terms
- Bad credit is okay
Best of all, business owners can use the capital for any legitimate business expense, including:
- Purchase of pub equipment or inventory
- Expanding and training pub staff
- Expansion of premises
- Refurbishment of pub facilities
- Managing cash flow
- Handling unanticipated expenses
Apply for Pub Finance Today
At Boost Capital, we’ve designed our business funding solutions, loan application and approval process with SMEs in mind. See why others in the pub industry are raising a glass to their success. Click here to complete an application online, or call us at 0800 138 9080 for more information on our pub funding solutions.
Give your pub a boost in capital. Click here to apply for a pub business loan!